Sunday, June 4, 2017

Governors Ball

This year, I decided to finally do the things I have been planning to do for a long time. I always have all these ideas of going places, doing things, attending events which tend to remain just ideas. There have even been a few instances where I purchased tickets but ended up just staying in. Wasteful, I know. This summer, I am trying to change that - I am buying tickets and I am attending the events I buy them for. 

This weekend my friend and I were planning to attend one of New York City's biggest music events - the Governors Ball. Located on Randall's Island, an island in the East River that is situated between Manhattan, The Bronx, and Queens, Governors Ball is a three-day music festival allowing its attendees to see their favorite bands, walk around, meet people, eat, drink and have fun. It is not cheap, but it was supposed to provide our money's worth. 

We had tickets only for one day of the festival, so on Sunday we took the Manhattan ferry and headed over to the event. It was raining pretty much all day, but regardless, the experience was amazing. This was my first big music festival, and I can say that the event is definitely worth the money. The atmosphere of the festival was just so inspiring and motivational. To think that all these musicians are world-known and we get to see them perform right in front of us. They are the people who once had dreams and made it a point to pursue their passion and make it into something big. Great lesson to us all to not give up, to continue working on achieving our goals and dreams, and one day who knows where we will end up... The opportunities are limitless. 






No comments:

Post a Comment