Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day Weekend

This year, my Memorial Day Weekend was filled with fun activities. On Saturday and Sunday, we had a Bachelorette party for one of my best friends who is getting married in mid-June. The plan was to do a dinner on Saturday night, followed by 'Painting with a Twist', a boozy painting event in Philadelphia. Sunday morning consisted of brunch and casual hanging out with the girls, followed by meeting up with my parents and spending the rest of the weekend with them. 

We had so much fun just exploring Philadelphia, walking around new areas, trying new restaurants. I am finally starting to see just how beautiful this city is! For the longest time my response to "How did you like Philly when you lived there?" was "I really do not like it there and do not see myself ever going back." Only now I am realizing how incorrect that response was. Philadelphia is a beautiful city with its own character, culture and history. My biggest mistake was not taking advantage of exploring the city when I was getting my Bachelor's degree at Temple University. I definitely missed many opportunities to get more familiar with the city. Now every time I visit Philly, I fall more and more in love with it. Of course, it is not New York. It is not as big, as busy, as dynamic, but it has its own beautiful character which is starting to look more and more appealing to me. I even started thinking about a possibility of moving back here in a couple of year, when I am ready to move out of my presently favorite city.










No comments:

Post a Comment