Sunday, April 30, 2017

A Trip to Boston

Anyone who knows me knows that I fall in love with every city that I visit. It is not a surprise that Boston was not an exception to this rule. A few months ago, a couple of my friends and I made a plan to go to Boston to explore a new city. I heard a lot of good things about the city and the people who live there, so my expectations were quite high. After a five-hour bus ride from New York City, we finally arrived to the South Station in the heart of Boston (ok, it may not be a heart of Boston, but let's just go with it). From the moment we exited the bus station and I laid my eyes on the familiar East Cost architecture, I was in love. As we walked through the streets of this beautiful city, my fascination grew more and more. There was so much history, so much grandor! The architecture, the cleanliness of the streets, the spirit of the people around us brought on so many positive emotions. Boston reminded me of New York and Philadelphia combined plus a touch of something new, something I have not seen or felt before. I don't know if it was the knowing that Harvard University is right next door to the city, but something about it just screamed education and intelligence. 

After this trip, I can say that I came back a changed person. This trip helped me put many things in perspective and it helped me to finally get my priorities straight. Yes, there are a lot of things that I want to achieve in life, but frequently I end up giving up on my dreams before I even start working on achieving them. The idea that "the time is running out" had been keeping me from getting into the things that I love. I feel different now. I can finally see that there are so many interesting things I would like to learn about, and there is also so much time that I can contribute to learning about these things. The time is not running out, the time is going as a normal pace, and it is up to us to spend it wisely on learning something new or to waste it on watching hours on hours of useless YouTube videos.











No comments:

Post a Comment