Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Red Blouse

In addition to a wonderful opportunity to see my family back home, this trip to Russia also opened my eyes on some things I forgot about. Things like dressing up and looking nice for work. I do love America for its focus on comfort. Here, if you don't feel like dressing up and looking nice all the time, you really don't have to, and no one will judge you. While it is absolutely great as it takes off some pressure, it is also forcing us to be a bit too comfortable sometimes. 

People in Russia don't view 'comfort' as an option. They do not care if they have to wear a pair of heels that hurt all day - as long as it looks good, they'll go for it! While it may be crazy sometimes, it is also a great way of living because it's forcing you to get out of bed a bit earlier, put some extra effort into looking nicer and then feeling better about yourself for the rest of the day. It's this "fake it till you make it" mentality, but it does work in a lot of cases.

So here, I just got back from Russia and I decided to go back to the way I used to be, when dressing up for work was not even a question...







No comments:

Post a Comment