Sunday, August 21, 2016

Those Hot Summer Days

Another Sunday on Brighton Beach. I cannot tell you enough just how happy I am that we discovered this NYC gem! I know people have very mixed opinions about the New York beaches, and especially this one, but honestly I am not very picky when it comes to relaxing by the ocean. Ocean, hot summer day, pretty boardwalk and an amazing Russian restaurant right on the boardwalk - what else does one need? 

Today I decided not to swim, just didn't feel like it. So my roommate and I walked from Brighton Beach to Coney Island along the beach with our feet in the water, then switched to the boardwalk on the way back to Tatiana's, the best Russian restaurant (if I say so myself). 

This day at the beach was wonderful as usually. Days like this really put things in perspective. We all have such crazy busy lives. Sometimes living in New York can be a real whirlwind of events that just drop on you out of nowhere. Therefore, it is a true blessing that we have places like this one so close to where we live, where it is possible to have a nice getaway just for one day. And then, we're back into the craziness. <3







No comments:

Post a Comment