Saturday, August 27, 2016

Bookstore Meetup

Today I met up with one of my friends to hang out in the city and catch up on what's going on in our lives. I have not seen her in a while, so this was a much needed meet-up. We met up at a bookstore in Union Square (Barnes & Noble), looked at some books and magazines, and then took course outside to stroll around the city in the summer heat. 

There is nothing better than walking through the streets of New York and discussing our goals and aspirations. Something about this city makes you believe that everything is possible. Something about this city makes you forget your worries and get inspired to strive for more. Something about this city makes you realize how important it is to love yourself and to treat yourself right. 

I keep creating and then changing my goals, adjusting them every day for the mood I am in at that moment. The sad thing is that I don't really have specific goals at this point of my life. I am kind of just letting things happen to see where I end up. On the other hand, my goal for a while has been focusing more on myself - learning to love myself the way I am, learning to treat myself right, and learning to avoid creating situations in which I do things I know I will later regret. It is all a work in progress, it will definitely take a very long time to reach that ultimate goal of being happy in each moment; however, it is days like this that help me stay on track and that get me back on track when I stray away from my path. 






No comments:

Post a Comment