Monday, February 29, 2016

Everything Is Better at Home

Life in New York can be absolutely insane. And I love it that way. However, there are times when one simply craves the peace and quiet of normal, suburban life. For those times, I have a place I go to – my parents’ house, my home. It is a wonderful feeling knowing that you have a place where you are always welcomed, a place where you can come to relax, recharge and let go of the crazy city lifestyle for a couple of days.

Is it just me or does everything at your parents’ house just seem better? I made a home for myself in New York, I have everything I need here, yet somehow when I go to visit my parents, everything just seems more special. There is nothing like the things your mom does and has, as everything just seems like it was put together with extra love and care. Everything looks better, tastes better, smells better. And it is those feelings that I often crave living away from home.







No comments:

Post a Comment