Monday, January 25, 2016

Snow Day Closet Clean-Up

This past weekend I was supposed to go to Philadelphia to visit my parents, since I have not seen them since the New Year's. As I was getting ready for my trip, I kept hearing more and more about the 'upcoming snow storm.' I had been very skeptical about these things lately, as every time the weather forecast predicts something serious, it ends up being absolutely nothing. However, this time the predictions seemed real. After speaking with my mom, we decided that it would be a better idea to give in to their predictions and stay home 'in case something bad actually happens.' Well, it did. The storm was pretty bad. In a day, we got so much snow, it was hard to believe it fell down over a period of about 24 hours. The bad news was I had to stay locked inside my apartment for the whole weekend; the good news was exactly the same - I had to stay locked inside my apartment, which meant I got to really relax, catch up on my TV shows and, most importantly, reorganize my closet. It had been quite a while since I dedicated a good amount of time to sorting through my clothes and organizing them. 

This time, I went through my fall/winter clothes with a fine-tooth comb, only keeping items that I would definitely wear again, and putting away the items I "was not sure about." I realized that while I keep complaining about how my style is just all over the place, honestly, I don't do anything to define it. That is why this clean-up was a good start for me to truly start focusing on finding my own style. At the end of the day, the outfits were created and hung up on my clothing rack ready to be worn. 


Today, I went for more of a hipster style, with this poncho I got from Forever 21. What I love about it - it's comfy and it's warm, a perfect find for the New York winters. 





No comments:

Post a Comment