Monday, August 18, 2014

Secret Admirer

Что бы прочитать этот пост на русском, пожалуйста нажмите сюда.

There is a market here in Brooklyn right near my apartment where I oftentimes shop for my groceries. I really like this market as they have pretty much everything – from fresh fruit and vegetables to almond and other nut milks and a bunch of other healthy products. Its location it also very convenient – it’s right on my way back from the subway station home.


So a couple of weeks ago I stopped by the market after work to buy some groceries. This Caribbean guy who works there comes up to me and all of a sudden says: “You’re the most beautiful.” As nice as it was, I was a little taken aback. To me, moments like this usually make the situation a little awkward as I never know how to behave the next time I see the person. A few days later I had to buy some more things and when I walked into the market I subconsciously started looking around, trying to see if the guy was there and preparing my escape plan. Since he was nowhere in sight, I proceeded with my grocery shopping. However, as soon as I approached the cashier, there he was. I didn’t lose my cool, I stepped forward to the cashier and as I started unloading my groceries I heard the guy say familiar words “You’re the most beautiful” and this time hand me a chocolate bar. So now every time I have to buy something at the market, I leave it with compliments and gifts. Today, for example, I got a beautiful rose and an invitation to go out for tacos. I don’t think the taco outing will happen, but it is nice that my grocery shopping now provides me with a good boost of self-esteem. 



No comments:

Post a Comment