Friday, August 22, 2014

Gratitude

Чтобы прочитать этот пост на русском, пожалуйста нажмите сюда

My train ride to work usually takes around 40-45 minutes. Some people may say it's way too long but I actually don’t mind the commute – I enjoy this time, as I can catch up on my reading or just listen to the music and brainstorm. As I pretty much never slow down, this time of sitting still and not doing anything is perfect for me to take a break and reflect on various things and events in my life. So I was on the train this morning, thinking, and I could think of nothing but pure gratitude. As I started running through the list of events that have been happening to me recently, I realized that there are so many things I am grateful for. I am grateful that I finally got back on my diet (it's only day 2 but I'm very hopeful and determined this time. Who wouldn't be - only one day of the diet and I woke up with close to no pain); I am grateful for my new apartment which I love and feel very comfortable in; I am grateful for my friends with whom I can have good times, talk, go out, having fun. Of course most of all I am grateful to my family. My mom, this tiny 5'4" woman, who is not afraid of any challenge. I know deep inside she is going through her struggles and obstacles, but on the outside she is strong and determined. Through the bad time and the good times she has been my greatest supporter, my best friend and ally. My stepdad, who gives his all just to make us happy, who keeps showing us what a family is, and who constantly teaches us not to take things too seriously. And the list goes on and on.

Just about a week after I moved into my new apartment, they opened a new café a block from it. The café is called ‘Gratitude Café’ and it serves as a constant reminder for me to stay grateful. When my parents were visiting me a few weeks ago, I took them straight to Gratitude Café, which was a great start of the weekend. Everything about this place revolves around putting people in a good mood – the bright colors of the interior décor, the mix of relaxing and upbeat music, the warm and welcoming personnel. As we were sitting there having our lunch, nothing but the positive energy and appreciation was running through me. We all have a lot to deal with, but all the trouble aside, there is always something to be grateful for. 







No comments:

Post a Comment