Monday, November 11, 2013

Tourist

The other day I was having a very touristy weekend. You know those things you know are in New York but you always try to avoid because the whole tourist population of NYC is usually there? At the same time, you have a longing to try those things, at least once – just so you can say: “Yep, I’ve done it.” A few weekends back I visited the Madame Tussauds museum. I have heard a lot of people complain about how the wax figures look nothing like their models in reality; however, I thought they were great! Especially when you consider the amount of work that goes into making each figure. According to the website, it takes over 800 hours of moulding, measuring, painting and sculpting to replicate each Hollywood A-Lister. Please note that the pictures do not give them justice, as the lighting and camera flashes spoil the effect; but either way, it is definitely an experience that is worth committing to! 


 







Denim Dress: Guess;  Boots: Dolce Vita via T.J.Maxx

1 comment:

  1. I saw your first photo before I read on and freaked haha! Now I see it was a wax JT, not the real one. Need to wear my glasses I think :)

    ReplyDelete