Monday, July 22, 2013

Special Day - Special Thank You!

Today is a special day for me, as exactly seven years ago, on this same day, my mom and I took up a life-changing journey and moved to the United States. To this day, I remember the emotions I was filled with when I stepped my right foot on the foreign, at that time, ground. “When you go to another country, it is important to step off the airplane with your right foot forward. That way, the new country will greet you well and bring you good luck,” a friend told us. Why right foot? The explanation never followed; however, I remember getting more and more anxious trying not to forget to follow the instructions as I stood in line before exiting the airplane.

I don’t know whether it’s the fact that I remembered to set my right foot forward getting off the plane, but I do believe this country has greeted us well and truly accepted us. Looking back at the somewhat risky decision we made seven years ago, I cannot complain about the way things turned out.

Today marks the sevens years of learning, struggling, advancing, achieving, appreciating, obtaining, realizing and overall living. Today marks the seven years of acquiring knowledge, becoming a better person, and realizing what’s truly important.  Today marks the seven years of failures and successes, ups and downs, rises and falls – each leading me to a certain goal, a certain realization, a certain learned lesson. I’d like to thank each and every single person who has fallen into my life since July 22, 2006! You are my best teachers and my biggest roles models!


Celebrating the seven-year anniversary in style:







Dress, Earrings: Express;  Bag: Valentina;  Belt: NY & Company

No comments:

Post a Comment