Friday, January 11, 2013

Winter Blues

Hi guys! I don’t know about you, but I have been feeling quite lousy for these past few days. I’m not sure what exactly it is – gray, dreary weather outside, fairly uneventful winter season, the fact that the holidays are over,  or the fact that I have still not been able to commit to my New Year’s resolutions (and it’s January 11th already!). No matter what it is, there is pretty much one solution to the issue – find inspiration, focus on something that makes me happy, and accept the fact that things can’t always be arranged. I keep building these plans and strategies of how to live, how to act, how to have fun, etc., and then when I cannot commit to my own “rules,” it makes me upset. What I don’t realize, though (or actually I do realize it, but I just cannot fully take it on) is that all those “rules” are foolish and useless. Things will always happen the way they do regardless of what the “plan” is; and the only things we can do to become more content with a given situation is to simply start appreciating and building on what we’ve got and start bringing inspiration and motivation into our own lives. This might sound like the most obvious and simple thing, but in reality this probably is one of the most complex and complicated tasks. Well, baby steps, is all I have to say.

While I really truly should try to stay away from commitments to myself, I will commit to this: step by step I will achieve my biggest goal – the goal of accepting myself and not being afraid to make a statement and show my presence. This post is my first step, the step of opening up to whoever comes across this post and admitting all these things out loud (well, writing them out, in my case). So here we go…

Since my blog is about fashion and lifestyle, here’s something to “snack on.” This picture was taken a little after I moved into my first (and so far only) NYC apartment. Probably the most exciting thing about having my own place was that I could start everything from scratch, from arranging the furniture to picking the colors and styles of my rooms and various interior items. For my kitchen set, I chose a red/orange palette. I like a splash of bright color in the place where people usually gather for share a meal, a drink, a conversation. I think it suits the overall atmosphere very well and bring in some happy notes to any event.  




No comments:

Post a Comment