Sunday, September 30, 2012

Beautiful Like a Flower

I remember a long time ago, I went on vacation to the Black Sea. Our family friends had a few houses there that they rented to people coming over for their vacations from various parts of Russia. They let us stay at one of the houses for over a week. The daughter of the owner was a very nice, beautiful girl. Having been a few years older than me, I remember she seemed so sophisticated to me with her confidence, cool hairstyle and interesting clothes. Being around 10 years old at the time, I kind of secretly tried to copy the way she acted and the way she looked. Once when she was getting ready to go out, she came up to her mom and asked "Mom, am I beautiful? Like a flower?" I thought it sounded so cute and sincere, I stole the phrase and started asking my parents the same question.
Now after all these years, putting on this outfit reminded me of that time. These flowery pants and the casual-but-cute teal sweater truly made me feel 'beautiful like a flower.'







Pants: NY & Company;  Sweater: via Strawberry;  Shoes: BCBG; Bag: gift from aunt and uncle

No comments:

Post a Comment