Sunday, August 12, 2012

Confession

It's been almost two months since I moved to New York, and let me tell you - time has been passing by so fast, we won't even notice how all the streets and parks will be covered in golden fall leaves, and sparkling winter snow not too long after that. To tell you the truth, I can't wait till the weather cools down and we are not able to leave the house without a  cozy warm sweater, cardigan or any other form of cover-up. Yes, the-biggest-hot-weather-cheerleader-me said it - I've had enough of the heat, and am ready for the sweat-less, refreshing days of the fall. Even more so, I can't wait to see New York in the fall, with its abundance of colors, scents and of course new fashion trends. Speaking about fashion... If you have noticed (and I'm sure you have, given that my last post was on July 15), I have been MIA from my blog for quite a while. Not because I stopped caring about fashion or writing (gosh, even thinking that makes me panic - those two things are way to close to my heart to be abandoned), but simply because it has been a big hassle to take photographs of my outfits during the after-work rush, when everyone is too eager to get to wherever it is they are trying to get to. So my friend (who used to take pictures) and I gave up, as after a whole day of craziness, we are always too exhausted to struggle through the crown of people. To make things worse, my friend, who had an internship over the summer, is leaving after next week, so as much as we could have tried to make our photo-shoots happen, we simply will not be able to anymore. However, after a month of not doing my blog, I found myself quite dismayed and lost, especially due the fact I am not the kind to give up so easily. So my solution (it's not the best one, but it'll do for now, until I find a better one) is to take the pictures at home. I know the photos are not as interesting and exciting as the ones taken outside, but it's still better than nothing. Plus if that's what truly makes me happy, I am willing to live with the fact that my work is not 100% my best. But I'll get there, I promise...




Dress: Armani Exchange;  Top: Abercrombie and Fitch;  Satchel: Steve Madden;  Flip-flops: Old Navy;  Earrings: from Russia

No comments:

Post a Comment