Thursday, June 14, 2012

THIS IS WHERE IT ALL STARTED...

From the moment I visited New York City for the first time around 5 years ago (my mom and I moved to the United States from Russia in 2006, and our Russian Embassy is located in Manhattan, so we had to go there regarding our documents), I have dreamed of living and working in "the city that never sleeps." I have been imagining myself working hard at a Manhattan company, walking through the busy streets of the city every day, exploring all the hidden nooks and corners, checking out various parks and new opening exhibitions, shows, restaurants and clubs, shopping in the best stores, and appreciating everything the city has to offer - in other words, being a true New Yorker at heart.
Well, sometimes, when you wish for something just hard enough (and work towards it hard enough, too), dreams do come true. Believe it or not, but five years later, I am now a part of an amazing company located in midtown Manhattan and I live in my dream city.
My apartment is still a complete mess and I am still a stranger to so many things here, but I am happy and I am excited to "start my life over," making it the Big City. So here's where it all starts...

{Never thought that moving out from my parents' house would be so difficult - I cried over all of these boxes and bags, remembering all the things that went on in this place. 
PS: this is just a part of my packed things}


{The new home}

xoxo Olga M.

7 comments:

  1. love this photo and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog:)
    Come by and lets follow each other sweetie!
    miss-monaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never give up on your dreams, because dreams really do come true! I believe in you like nobody else and I am very, very proud of you! Love you so much, my sweetie! Your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your new apartment! Very cute. Post pictures of how you set it up. I'd love to see!!

    ReplyDelete