Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Defining Identity

I was sitting in my Journalism class today (I'm in Business School, but I'm taking this class because I love writing and want to learn more about this field), where we has a speaker today, and he touched on the subject of identity. Out of the entire hour long presentation, which was overall incredibly interesting, there was one thing that stuck in my mind the most - the fact, pointed out by the speaker, that to become good at what you do you need to be able to determine your own identity, to "define yourself." Who are we, really? Black, white, female, male, teenager, adult, sister, daughter, writer, doctor, hairstylist - we all belong to numerous groups that change depending on the situation. If we can't define who we are, how are we going to make people view us as trustworthy and authentic, to be able to make a suggestion that matters, to give an opinion that people will refer to? That is exactly why I think defining who we truly are should be the first step on the way to achieving our goals and making our dreams come true. 




Sweater, Scarf and Bracelet: NY & Company;  Top: Express: Pants:Loft;  Boots:via Macy's;  Belt:via Marshall's

2 comments:

  1. Great outfit! That blue looks amazing on you!

    http://brightandsassy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the boots!!

    http://fabulousodyssey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete