Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year’s in Poconos

New Year’s has always been one of my most favorite holidays ever! In Russia we have a saying “New Year’s is a family holiday,” so I have spent pretty much every New Year’s with my parents. It’s great to meet the New Year in the company of your loved ones. This year, we went to the Poconos with our family friends and their kids for the entire New Year’s weekend. The get-away was absolutely amazing! 2012 was met to the highest potential with lots of fun and great time, and on the first day of the year I went skiing for the very first time in my life! I think that’s the way to start a New Year! I fell approximately 17 times, but I made it to the bottom of the slope, so who counts? It feels a little sad to be back, but all the great memories from the weekend make me feel excited for all the new adventures of this year that are about to come. 

Here's a quick picture recap of my New Year's weekend:

December 30
{The lake a few steps away from our house}







December 31 
{Just visiting the ski resort - I didn't actually ski that day}



{New Year's cakes}

{The tree, daisies and a beer-bottle candle holder}

{A girl's best holiday accessory - a tiara!}

{Russian New Year's tradition - firing Bengal lights}


January 1
{The champ ;) }

{Naive me - before all the fall-downs}

2 comments:

  1. Super photos, I adore skiing! You are from Russia, so am I (Yay for us haha!) I think New Year is certainly such an important holiday to us <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. it´s so cold there!!! i want to skii!!! there´s no snow in spain!!!!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete