Friday, December 16, 2011

Simple Nail Art

Do you remember when you were a child and your mom/grandma/aunt/sister/etc. brought you to a beauty salon for the first mani/pedi in your life? Didn’t it feel like the whole different world has opened up to you in that instant? Well, I remember my first visit – it felt magical! I went in with my mom for our pre-New-Year’s pampering, and even though it was approximately 10 years ago, I still remember exactly what they did: what colors they used on my nails, what pattern they drew, and the technique they used to do it. At that time, when I was a little over 10 years old, it felt like they did something incredible, now, of course, the “rebus” has been solved and here I’m going to reveal a very simple technique to cool and easy nail art.   

1.  Get all your tools ready – you’ll need two or more contrasting nail polishes, a few toothpicks (or needles would actually work better, as they are thinner and pointier), and some tissue.

2. Put the polish of your desired base color


   








      3. With the contrasting polish, put one or more dots




     






      4. With a toothpick or a needle, draw a line or zigzag through those dots to create some pattern. Here you can get as creative as possible! 






2 comments: