Saturday, November 26, 2011

Brights and Whites

Sometimes it really helps to talk about one’s passions with his/her friends and family, because you might end up leaving the conversation with some great ideas. Yes, I am indeed talking about myself. A few days ago I talked to my aunt about my blog and how I might want to change/improve it, etc., and she has given me a wonderful idea (it was more of a request on her side J). She asked me to figure out a way to add a style section for the women over 40, saying it would be great to see a “younger” and “fresher” take on the subject.  So by request of my favorite aunt, I am now going to try to put together outfits for "Ageless Fashion" section - a section that will focus on styles that are suitable for wider age range. I’m very excited to see how it works. So, let’s get started…

This week's focus is on the white outerwear and how to combine it with bright-colored "office-style" clothes. I guess I was inspired by the [unusually] warm fall weather, that makes me want to focus on lighter/brighter tones. I think white jackets, vests, and coats are absolutely ageless. I am also a believer that they might help make a woman look younger. Below, I put together three looks for this trend:
Brights and Whites

Splendid sport shirt, $45
By Malene Birger silk top, $345
MICHAEL Michael Kors long vest, $990
Isabel marant jacket, £489
Missoni striped coat, €338
L Agence navy skirt, $310
Silk skirt, £225
Kelly Bergin knee length pencil skirt, £525
High heel shoes, $86
Pour La Victoire hidden platform pumps, $236
GUESS pointy toe pumps, $99
R J Graziano bangles jewelry, $50
Rolex 18k jewelry, $8,900
Citrine By The Stones cuff jewelry, €117
Kenneth Jay Lane gold tone earrings, $53
Noemi Klein rock jewelry, £85
Chain jewelry, $488
Vince camuto, $88
Diane von Fürstenberg genuine leather belt, $336

3 comments:

  1. awesome outfits <3

    anyway check out mine if you have a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely selection, your blog is so lovely by the ways, i will be visiting it again very soon :)

    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love the Vince Camuto bracelet.
    I didn't know the brand yet. Great choice of outfits.
    Celeste
    www.winstonandceleste.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete